1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
Almost 3 years ago.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was the only one in my family not doing Crossfit. As well, I was looking for strength training to complement my cycling and keep strong. It’s way more fun than alone in a gym and I’ve learned to lift with trained coaches.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I have increased my overall strength and my muscle masses are more defined. I am a stronger hill-climber on the bike.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Give yourself more time than you imagine to learn and become efficient at all the activities Crossfit has to offer.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
None of them are truly enjoyable, however, I have benefitted greatly from squats and likely pistols.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Cycling and walking Mica.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Eating well has always been an important part of my life and that has stayed constant.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I love Scottish Country Dancing.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Dan, Mahyar and Rob inspire me to become stronger with proper technique. Working alongside other athletes in the gym keeps me motivated. My son, Leland, who has become a strong, fit athlete by discovering Crossfit.