January 2nd 2014!!2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I heard a few of my friends doing it and I jumped into the gym! Loved it since the first second. I like that each day and workout is different, it is a great crew to work out with. I admire the coaches.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Everything is better now. Especially my confidence! I feel much stronger than before.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Start CrossFit as soon as possible. It is such a great way to get in shape and be in very good health for the rest of your life. It’s very intense but if I can do it, you can as well! The workouts are about you.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Handstand push-ups. Because I still can’t do them!! I believe the process of achieving a goal is always more fun and entertaining than achieving the goal itself.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
My job. I’m a lifeguard at WVAC and I love it. I enjoy swimming and working with people, A LOT!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My very first proper CrossFit push-up, 160lb back squat and 105lb clean & jerk!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
My family moved to Canada in September 2011. Since then, our lives changed, as well as our diet. My mom has always been taking care of my diet, but since we moved here we have been eating the cleanest ever. By clean I mean quality food like lots of vegetables, whole wheat bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white rice and such.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m a people person and love making friends! It might not be a surprise for those who know me. But just wanted to put it out there!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My mom! For me, she is the strongest woman from every aspect in life. She inspires me with something everyday! A word from her means a world to me. Also, the great CrossFit athletes. Specifically Taryn Haggerstone. I have been following her progress and reading about her since she did the handstand walk event at the 2014 Regionals. She is very kind and friendly. A great idol for me