2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was looking for something to challenge me, I was running a lot and did quite a bit of yoga but wanted something to push myself with everyday. My husband told me I should try because I would probably enjoy it. He was right, but I don’t tell him that 😉
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Everything has improved, I’m definitely stronger than I have ever been, my cardio is much better. I would say I am more aware of what my body can do and how far I can push it.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just try it. And be patient with yourself. It can be extremely frustrating but also rewarding, and some days it’s both at the same time!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I don’t really have a favourite, it changes all the time. It’s probably easier to say which is my least favourite: push-ups. I really don’t like them!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I spend time with my family and friends. My daughter is currently obsessed with all things superhero related so lately I spend a lot of time explaining the worlds of Marvel and DC comics. I still like to run quite a bit and love to skate.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
I was pretty excited to finally get a ring dip. It took forever and was something that frustrated me so it was great to finally get it.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Not really. I have always been pretty aware of what I put in my body, and eat pretty clean. Having said that, I have a huge weakness for pretzels and carrot cake and have a hard time not eating them if they are around.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Hmmm, I don’t really know what people would find surprising?! I am fascinated by extreme weather and once considered becoming a storm chaser. I also am oddly mesmerized by Octopus and have spent far to much time watching weird Octopus videos.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
At the gym, everyone who comes in! There is a pretty great group of people who come in very early in the morning who are incredibly hardworking and motivating. Outside of that, my daughter- she’s little, curious about everything and asks a million questions a day in her quest to explore everything around her.