1. When did you join
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I needed something different from training at a regular gym since I really had hard time dragging myself to a gym on a routine basis, and I happen to live a block away from the Yaletown location, so I decided to give it a try.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I’d have to say I have never been in a better shape. I love all the stuff that I used to hate: running, doing pull-ups, etc.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
I would recommend it to everyone, but especially to someone like myself who just has trouble staying motivated to train for long stretches of time.
Crossfit really brings out the athlete in you and it works on you quickly. I started with 1 on 1 training sessions with Ana and that was great. She was really helpful and I think it really allowed me to work myself into the training regimen. I’d highly recommend starting with personal training sessions.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
The basic stuff: running, burpees and push-ups.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Reading dead German/French philosophers/writers. It’s what I study.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
When running became easy for me; that’s when I realized I have gotten into a much better shape than I realized. I used to dread it.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
This is something I have to still work on. I guess I am just eating more, and more often.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
My weight used to be out of control. For a small guy, I’d go from about 130 to 180 and back down to 130 annually for about a 5-6 year stretch.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
All the coaches and the people who show up everyday.