1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I love trail running. Last season, although I could go out for long distances, I couldn’t go faster. I wanted to try strength training to be a faster runner. My colleague and mentor Roger, who is a long time CrossFitter, spoke to me about CrossFit and I decided to try it out. I’m glad I did!
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My running feels more stable – thanks to the additional core and leg strength! Arms, shoulders and legs are definitely stronger.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Do not get intimidated by the heavy weights and the high bars. As long as you feel challenged, change happens. The coaches and the community are amazing! They always help and encourage you every step of the way.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
There isn’t one in particular – I love them all!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Trail running and skate skiing
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Accomplishments keep getting better almost every week. That is something I love about CrossFit – so much room for improvement! The most recent accomplishment is finishing ‘Open 17.1 – Rx’!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’m used to eating whole foods for a while now. However, I stopped drinking milk when I took the Whole30 challenge here. I feel even better now.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I finished the Fat Dog 120 mile ultra trail race last August. Also, I used to be able to eat 2lb baklava in a day 🙂
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I’m inspired by almost everyone I meet. It’s amazing to see the strength and dedication people show in making themselves better. As one of my favourite quotes go – ‘The greatest battles are fought within’.