1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was tired of working out alone and was drawn to the community environment and competitive nature of Crossfit.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I’m stronger, my cardio has improved, and I’m down about 5lbs. I’ve hit new PRs where I had previously plateaued on deadlift, front squat, and back squat. Before crossfit my workouts focused on strength training so it took a couple months for my body and mind to adjust to the high intensity and cardio but recently I’ve started to notice an improvement. I have more energy throughout the day and I no longer “dread” coming to the gym.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Step out of your comfort zone and try something new; you might surprise yourself. And don’t forget to have fun!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Deadlift, box jumps, and power snatch
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Beach volleyball, hiking, camping
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Learning double unders, and now being able to do 25 unbroken.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I focus on balancing my macros and eating enough protein.
Recently I started a Paleo diet. Its been 2 weeks and I’m still adjusting to it.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Despite my height, I played club volleyball for 6 years. Volleyball is the one sport I cannot play for fun, as soon as I step on the court I get competitive and struggle to turn it off. My fiance and I have a standing rule that we will never play volleyball together because I get too competitive.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
To be better today than I was yesterday. Goal setting and hitting PRs play a big part in that.