1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
VARIETY…DOING THE SAME TYPES OF EXERCISES GETS BORING OVER TIME…I LIKE THAT A LOT OF THE MOVEMENTS ARE HARD TO MASTER…KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED…I ALSO LIKE THAT IT HAS A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT WITHOUT GOING TOO PYSCHO AGGRESSIVE…I ENJOY WORKING OUT WITH PEOPLE FROM ALL DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS AND GOALS.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
OVERALL STRENGTH HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY…ALSO MENTAL STRENGTH…THE ABILITY TO FOCUS AND PUSH THROUGH PAIN IS REWARDING. GRINDING OUT WODS OVERFLOWS INTO REG LIFE. NO SITUATION AT WORK COMPARES TO SOME OF THE SESSIONS I HAVE HAD IN THE GYM. LOL
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
CONSISTENCY IS NUMBER ONE….COMMIT TO A PLAN AND STICK TO IT. SOME DAYS ARE DEFINITELY CHALLENGING AND YOU DON’T WANT TO DO IT, BUT DON’T GIVE YOURSELF THE OPTION OF NOT WORKING OUT. YOUR FUTURE SELF WILL THANK YOU. A CLOSE SECOND IS PATIENCE. WHICH I DEFINITELY STRUGGLE WITH…CROSSFIT CAN REALLY HUMBLE YOU. TECHNIQUE OVER WEIGHT…INJURIES SUCK. THE QUICKER YOU LEARN THAT THE MORE YOU WILL ENJOY IT. ON THE OTHERSIDE YOU CAN TEND TOWARD ONLY GOING TO THE WORKOUTS THAT CATER TO YOUR STRENGTHS…TRY AND GO TO EVERY WORKOUT (DON’T LOOK AT THE DAYS WORK OUT BEFORE YOU GO), THAT WAY YOUR WEAKNESSES WILL GET STRONGER….CROSSFIT HAS A GREAT COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT BUT I AM REALLY SEEING HOW FAR I CAN PUSH MYSELF…
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
OLYMPIC LIFTS…I AM DEFINITELY A NOVICE BUT I ENJOY THE MOVEMENTS AND LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING BETTER AT THEM.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
ANYTHING WITH MY FAMILY…HIKING, RIDING BIKES, ETC….I TRY TO LEAVE ALL MY AGGRESSION AT THE GYM…ALTHOUGH MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE AS MY SON HAS STARTED TRASH TALKING ME ON OUR TRAIL RUNS…LOL
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
JUST STICKING WITH IT…I STARTED CROSSFIT WITH INJURIES AND COULD HAVE MADE EXCUSES TO NOT CONTINUE. THE COACHES ARE ALWAYS GREAT TO SUGGEST SCALING EXERCISES…
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I HAVE TRIED TO STAY FOCUSED ON DIET BUT I AM STILL 230 LBS…THIS PUTS ME AT A GREAT DISADVANTAGE WHEN IT COMES TO THE GYMNASTICS….SO I AM FOCUSING ON LOSING WEIGHT BY DIALING IN MY DIET.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I SELL BIKES AND I AM PASTOR
10. What/who inspires you the most?