2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
To improve endurance and strength.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Today at CrossFit while doing Pseudo Push-ups my coach said Newsha you are “Strong” and my friend said you are “Hot” , without hesitation I said it is all because of “CrossFit” . (They made my day , no wonder I felt it is 50c today, it wasn’t the weather..it was me! …lol).
Other than Strength and looking Hot 😉 I have more stamina, learned a lot about good form and technique and leaned not to sacrifice form for speed or lifting
heavier to prevent injury, thanks to my amazing coaches: Dan, Mahyar, and Rob. Learned how to keep a good pace throughout the WOD. Gained more muscle.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Try it a couple of times so you can see the variety of exercises, also to see how amazing the community is. Tell your coach if you have injuries or limits, any exercise can be modified or scaled down.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
“Deadlift” , also anything gymnastics related or bodyweight.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
More CrossFit!!…CrossFit is really fulfilling for me, it gives me everything…great workout, community, game, friends, stress relief, fun, happiness, motivation…it is like I was lost and now I found my way. I also enjoy tennis, dancing, and hiking.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Never thought I could do a rope climb, but then I got it!!!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I eat more, especially meat, I crave it often.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I have two extra ribs…my sense of direction is a mess…
I have a brave and a spontaneous side that gets me into trouble sometimes … I notice it when I am in the situation and then need to figure out what to do 😀
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Making progress and learning/trying new things inspires me the most.