1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
The summer of 2011
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
The structure of the program – every day is different. One is constantly working on different muscle groups and there’s always a feeling of achievement. No room for boredom!
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My Cardio has improved. Lower back pain is something of the past. My immune system is so much stronger..
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Know and listen to your own body. Check on yourself each time you walk into a workout. Do a good workout for your own body and don’t focus on outdoing another person in time or weights.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
What was my favourite activity – tennis. When I retire I’ll get back to tennis with a serve much stronger than before!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
There are several over the years but the latest is figuring out the technique of the ‘toes to bar’.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
A gluten free diet and a sugar free diet including no dried fruit. Have been on a dairy free diet for many years.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Other Crossfitters like Emily who is 27 weeks pregnant and who does a 200 lbs deadlift because she uses the correct muscle groups. Doc and Rooster who constantly work to maintain and raise their own levels of fitness.