2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
After Many months of listening to Conor talk about CrossFit and watch him demonstrate new movements he learned (I mean every single new movement), his accomplishments, the awesome people in the gym – he bought me a membership and convinced me to give it a shot.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
A lot!! I feel so much stronger, fitter, and more confident with my body. My outlook on body types has changed drastically since starting CrossFit. Strong is definitely the new sexy.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just do it! Although your body may be sore, sticking with it is totally worth it. Plus you get to surround yourself with amazing people while you work out!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I like double unders mainly because I can beat Conor in a DU WOD! Also, as crazy as I may sound I do like a burpee or two.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I love hanging out with friends, painting, laughing and sleeping (I find I’m exceptionally talented at the last two)!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
I’m very proud of everything I have accomplished at CrossFit BC so far but mostly it’s advancing through the progressions of a movement because I can physically feel myself getting better and stronger.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Yes, I’m more aware of the choices I make and the food I consume.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I was a professional make up artist back in Ireland. I have studied special effects and prosthetics in Los Angeles, fashion make up and body painting in Paris, and wig making in London.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Everyone that walks through the doors of CFBC. Those who are new and those who have been doing CrossFit for a long time. The dedication and drive that every athlete and coach has to push themselves to perform better and also help others along the way.