2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I wanted to focus on my fitness and health and really enjoy the diversity of the workouts that CrossFit BC does. I never get bored with the routines because they are always changing and are so challenging in different ways.
Joining a gym can be intimidating, but the CrossFit BC staff are so friendly and welcoming and I felt so comfortable coming to the classes and asking questions and getting help with the different movements.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My resting heart rate has dropped about 10 bpm! I’ve gotten a lot stronger and I noticed that my posture has improved too. I’ve consistently been losing weight and am noticing positive changes in my physique which is very motivating to keep coming back!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t be afraid to ask for help or alternative exercises if you need to – everyone is so helpful and safety oriented.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
On my first day, I couldn’t hold myself up on the rope climb. Recently, I was able to climb a short ways up the rope and back down again with no problems.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I try to eat healthy and everything in moderation.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Outside of CrossFit, I am training for my first half marathon this year!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I am constantly inspired when I look around the gym at all the hard working people who consistently take the time out of their days to focus on their physical health and attend the workouts on a regular basis. Especially the 6 am crew!!