1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Had a couple of friends, Hugh and Michelle, who had been bugging me for a while to join.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Well I’ve lost over 30 pounds. Most, if not all of my clothes fit differently now. My general body movement and flexibility have increased dramatically, and I’m starting to get into much better shape, and I feel great! Also I can do most of the exercises…well except pull ups…now.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Listen to the coaches and your body, you don’t need to life heavy and do crazy reps right off the bat, get the movements down and take it from there…oh and be prepared to have fun and meet some great people!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
…hmmm..not too sure on that one…seem to do ok at wall balls and box jumps now…
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I volunteer with Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue and I enjoy spending time on the ocean with my family.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
When I did my first RX…don’t remember the workout but it was a great feeling!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Yes…and no…don’t eat as much junk as I did before, but if I do I don’t beat myself up over it.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I have 5 amazing kids and two fantastic grand kids…and I’m only 47!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
The dedication of the each and every one of the coaches to each individual who walks through the door…it’s a great big family and a lot of fun!