2) Why did you choose CrossFit?
Traditional gyms bore me, 30 minutes on a treadmill and I may as well be sleeping. CrossFit looked different and it certainly was, it is more like team work with a healthy twist of competition. Did I mention the girls, its always the girls?
3) What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My performance has certainly improved. I started slow and scaled exercises a lot in the beginning. Two years later and I feel I am competitive in almost any WOD. Take that Bowflex.
4) What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
If you like a little competition, good people, and a touch of fun, have limited time in the day to workout, try CrossFit. Don’t worry about whether you will manage; you will be amazed at what you can do over time.
5) What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I am not sure I have a favorite, I guess anyone I have just finished doing!
6) What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I pursue any number of activities including mountain biking, surfing, skiing, bronie clubs and that most tiresome activity of them all, parenting little children. Through CrossFit I have obtained a level of fitness that allows me to enjoy each of the activities more. In the end of the day, it’s why I do it (trademark pending).
7) What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
To be honest, there is no single thing. I am proud every time I learn something new, be it the muscle up, double under or that heavy overhead squat I working towards.
8) Have you made any changes to your diet?
I have always eaten healthily, so not really.
9) Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am actually not competitive in nature.
10) What/who inspires you the most?
I am inspired mostly by those around me everyday! Oh did I mention that lady who started prancercise?