1) When did you join CrossFit BC?
September 2010, although it feels so long ago it is hard to remember?
2) Why did you choose CrossFit?
Traditional gyms bore me, 30 minutes on a treadmill and I may as well be sleeping. CrossFit looked different and it certainly was, it is more like team work with a healthy twist of competition. Did I mention the girls, its always the girls?
3) What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My performance has certainly improved. I started slow and scaled exercises a lot in the beginning. Two years later and I feel I am competitive in almost any WOD. Take that Bowflex.
4) What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
If you like a little competition, good people, and a touch of fun, have limited time in the day to workout, try CrossFit. Don’t worry about whether you will manage; you will be amazed at what you can do over time.
5) What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I am not sure I have a favorite, I guess anyone I have just finished doing!
6) What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I pursue any number of activities including mountain biking, surfing, skiing, bronie clubs and that most tiresome activity of them all, parenting little children. Through CrossFit I have obtained a level of fitness that allows me to enjoy each of the activities more. In the end of the day, it’s why I do it (trademark pending).
7) What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
To be honest, there is no single thing. I am proud every time I learn something new, be it the muscle up, double under or that heavy overhead squat I working towards.
8) Have you made any changes to your diet?
I have always eaten healthily, so not really.
9) Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am actually not competitive in nature.
10) What/who inspires you the most?
I am inspired mostly by those around me everyday! Oh did I mention that lady who started prancercise?