1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
Fall 2012 I think – it’s been a while
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
A good friend of mine had been going for several years and just wouldn’t stop insisting that I try it out.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
All of the above I’m stronger, more fit, more flexible and feel MUCH better about my overall health. Some days when I’m really breathing hard I don’t think I’ve gotten any stronger but then I remember I just did a mess of pull-ups, heavy cleans or something I couldn’t do one of when I started.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
START!! I probably put off joining for over a year because I thought I had to get in shape before starting – that’s a waisted year of gains!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Most days I prefer the WODS where we mix lifting and cardio.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Anything outside is good with me, hiking, riding, kayaking, the list goes on an on.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Probably Rx’ing a WOD with pull-ups. It took me a long time to get to the point where I could do a large volume.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’m definitely more aware of my diet, my choices and their impact on performance. I do keep going to Crossfit so I can eat pretty much whatever I want though.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ve completed a GoRuck Tough Challenge. Take a look they are no joke tough – http://www.goruck.com/tough/c/25
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I’m pretty fortunate that I have no limit of inspiration from my 100 year old grandparents to Monkey at 16 and Michelle somewhere near the mid point. They all get out every day and are killing it!