2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I always loved to workout, I used to go to West Van Community Centre fitness classes before CrossFit. It got boring after a while for me and was not challenging enough. Also, last summer I started doing the Grouse Grind once a week but that was not enough either. Then, I was introduced to CrossFit on Groupon. It is perfect, challenging, fun, and motivating.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I’m much stronger. I also feel more confident and happy. I feel that I accomplish something everyday after I go home from CrossFit.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
I was really scared the first day I walked into CrossFit. But, when I met the amazing coaches and all the friendly people there, I felt like I was a part of the ‘group’. My advice would be for folks to trust in the CrossFit community and not fear joining! Just go with it, you will love it.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Pistols and wall walks. All exercises are fun, some are more challenging for me.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I don’t have much time to do anything other than school, work and CrossFit.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
So far I’m proud of anything I accomplished at CrossFit. I feel stronger.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I always eat healthy. After joining CrossFit I added protein shakes to my diet since I do not eat meat.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I think so, I do not eat red meat, fish, tomato, banana, onion and SUSHI!!!!
… I do eat chicken!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
All the amazing people in the cross fit community, especially my coaches. They are always energetic and inspiring. They always give me positive energy to perform better.