1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I joined Crossfit BC in September 2020 when my old gym went out of business.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I first tried CrossFit in India in 2019 – that got me hooked and have never been able to stop. Every success is so measurable, it brings joy to see your progress. I also love waking up to sore muscles!
3. What changes in your health, physique, and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Crossfit has not only made me stronger but also happier. Every single day I look forward to a hard workout and I challenge myself to do it! It has brought me confidence to try activities that used to intimidate me. Holistically CrossFit has made me a happier human.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Crossfit is a lot about technique. Don’t push too hard to lift heavier in the beginning, just focus on the basics and get that muscle memory for every lift.
5. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise?
I love snatching. Although I haven’t hit the weight I aim to hit this year, it always makes me feel great.
6. What is your favorite activity outside of CrossFit?
I enjoy trail running and long hikes. It oxygenates my heart and brings peace to my monkey mind!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
When I back squatted my own weight with an injured toe.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
In 2019, I made some major changes to my diet – I mostly eliminated sugar, dairy, and processed foods and started feeling so much better. My mood, my performance at my workouts and my work changed incredibly. I think often we don’t know how bad we feel until we start feeling good – I was one of those people.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I was a yoga instructor back in India. I guess maybe that’s not surprising. A better answer would be: I was never into fitness or wellness until my early twenties.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My partner Alex has been my inspiration. I love his dedication towards his fitness (our families say he is obsessed) but I am in love with his quest to try harder and get better every single day. He is an avid mountain biker, skier, and runner.