1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I had been wanting to try it since I first heard Sophie (Doph) talk about it in high school, but it wasn’t until I heard my maaaam say she had tried it – and really enjoyed it – that really got me to make the move out the door.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I have toned up a lot since starting Crossfit; I can almost wear my pre-New Zealand jeans comfortably. Still trying to get back to my old cardio levels from before though, that’s a slow struggle.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Bring a friend (or your mum!) it’s so much fun when you have someone to learn with you and someone who is also discovering their limits just like you are.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I always get super excited when I see something like “Rest: 2 min” in the middle of a WOD. That’s the best!… But in terms of an actual exercise? I would have to say my favourite is pause squats. I love just hanging out in the bottom of a squat. Still working on getting my depth though, the struggle is real.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Netflixing? Does that count as an activity?
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Getting my handstand push-ups! Still freeze up and can’t do them in an actual workout, but man that was a great day when I got my first one.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Nah! You can still see me chugging Mountain Dew before a WOD… or sitting around with a bag of candy. It doesn’t help that 7/11 is right round the corner.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
As much as I love dancing in the middle of a WOD (and sometimes hit time caps because I’m too busy dancing) I absolutely hate dance workouts. I tried Zumba at my old work and stopped within 5 minutes of the class. Thankfully the phone rang and I had an excuse to duck out. It was awful.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
All my Crossfit Maaaaam’s. I love them all to death and look up to them for advice and support.