2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Initially, I came into the box because I was curious about Krav. Our coach, Troy convinced me to try both Krav and Crossfit and I’ve never looked back.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I can lift more weight now than I could 20 years ago! I have a ton of energy and I feel more focused in everything I do. No matter what I am dealing with personally, I know that I can handle anything that comes my way because the WOD will be tougher than anything that I do that day.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Try it! You are going to do amazing things with your body. You are going to be awesome! And no matter how fit you think you are, Crossfit will humble you.
5. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise?
Kettle bell swings and double-unders. I also love to streeeeeetch! (I know I don’t do it enough, though!)
6. What is your favorite activity outside of CrossFit?
I’m a mom of three, so I am either at a hockey rink with my two sons or checking out a concert with my daughter. I also love meeting up with my friends after Crossfit for coffee on a patio.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
I felt proud the day my sons came to see me do a WOD during the Open this year. They said, “Mom, you can lift that?? Cool!!”
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I eat! This sounds crazy, but before Crossfit, I was always on the run and forgetting to eat. Now, I make sure to eat throughout the day, including protein in all the meals. I also try to avoid sugar, but I know I’m still hooked on gummy bears!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I love to skate, write, and listen to metal music. I am a wicked parallel parker, even on hills.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Right now, my Mom inspires me. She has ALS. Now WODS mean so much more because I think of her and I am grateful to have the ability to make this body strong and healthy.