1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
CrossFit offers strength, endurance, mobility and recovery in an hour class. Perfect for me, a mom of two very busy school age sons.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My overall health and fitness has improved. I recover faster from illness and strenuous exercise. I’m stronger and more toned, especially in my arms and shoulders.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Stick with it! There is no doubt that Crossfit is challenging, but in a good way and you are going to meet a lot of great people.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Deadlifts, back squats and power cleans.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Hanging out with my husband and sons of course. Family hikes, bike rides and lots of swimming in the spring/summer and skiing/snowboarding in the winter.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Honestly I’m so thrilled that I am able to arrive to a class on time on a regular basis. The rest is gravy.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I would love to say that I have, but the reality is no, not really. Although, I have signed up for the Whole 30 challenge.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m not a real blonde.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My family and a big shout out to the ladies and gents that attend the West Vancouver 9:30AM class (and sometimes 6:00AM). Keep up the good work!