1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was getting bored of my usual routine at the gym and my brother suggested I try CrossFit since he had been doing it for years and is now coaching.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
In terms of my health my cardio and definitely my strength has improved. I also I feel more comfortable and confident in my own skin.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Do it! If you want to try something different and want to start strength training CrossFit is for you! The coaches are great (especially at Crossfit BC) at scaling the movements if you are just starting out or if you have an injury.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Anything but wall balls! But I’ll go with ring dips or back squats, because who doesn’t like to squat!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Hiking in the summer and snowboarding in the winter.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
It’s a toss up between two, the time I nailed a handstand push-up for the first time during the CrossFit open or when I joined the 200# club on my deadlift. I couldn’t have accomplished either of those without my fellow athletes cheering me on.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’m more conscious of what I eat before and after a workout but that being said I love to indulge in some delicious baked goods from time to time.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Perhaps that I’m doing the West Coast Trail this month but I am terrified of mice and the dark, so this should make for an interesting combination.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
All the athletes at CrossFit BC, everyone is always cheering each other on during the WODs and seeing the regular faces, especially the regular 7am crew returning day after day is motivation to get my butt to CrossFit.