2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
My wife and I both joined because we just weren’t fit anymore, and we were looking for something different. We had been “runners”. We had been doing Yoga. Nothing quite did it for us..We were looking for something to take us to the next level.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I don’t know where to start. I came in 53 years old with a bad back and general injuries. In 3 months, I will be 57 years old. I’m doing PULLUPS?? WINDSHIELD WIPERS?? TOES-TO-BAR?? HELLO?? My body-fat has gone down to single digits. I feel like I’m in my 20’s, and I haven’t been this fit since then. I could easily fit into some of those clothes…(are bell-bottoms coming back…?)
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t think about reasons why you CAN’T start.
“Not enough time…I’m not an athlete…too hard….too broken….I’m too big…I’m too small…I’m too weak….too old…
Don’t listen to your head. Come regularly.
Don’t think you need to reach any level of fitness before you start. Nothing can prepare you for Crossfit. Just do it.
Get ready to be a part of an incredible supportive community.
A camaraderie that can only come from a near-death experience…
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Talking about Crossfit over a big juicy steak….
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
The dramatic change in my physique.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Yes. BIG changes came FAST when I changed what I ate.
I eat mostly Paleo. No sugar, alcohol, fruit juices, pasta, rice, bread, or potatoes.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
In the 80’s I played sang and played keyboards in a band in LA, and we played some of the most famous clubs on the Sunset Strip.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Witnessing the change in the new athletes. Being part of a team that supports each other. The therapeutic value of one athlete helping another is without parallel….