1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
In November 2013 I finished foundations training.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I really just stumbled onto it online and thought I’d check it out.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
As a result of CrossFit I’m in the best shape of my life. I can lift more today than I could 20 years ago. Today I’m confident I could beat my 20 year old self at Fran, Angie… anything.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just start, today, whatever you have scheduled for today – it isn’t as important as starting this.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
The grouse grind has been a bit of an addiction the last few years.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Open workout 14.5, I was hoping I could just finish, but I did it under 30 minutes – for me that was brutal, probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I started eating clean and mostly Paleo before CrossFit. I definitely eat way more now.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m very much into photography, mostly fine art and fashion. I have my photography in exhibits/shows 2-3 times a year.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
So far I’ve been making improvements each month and that keeps me going knowing I can do things today that I couldn’t do last week. The coaching at CrossFit BC has been fantastic at keeping me on track!