1) When did you join CrossFit BC?
2) Why did you choose CrossFit?
I have always been fascinated at how varied and intense the workouts are. I was looking for a fitness program as well that would help me build muscle mass and a strong core. CrossFit was the answer!
3) What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Despite being sore everyday I felt like a new person after every workout. So much energy and strength. My back problems disappeared thanks to weightlifting and therefore a stronger back. Mentally it helped me cope with my stressful and hectic work schedule. I feel productive and energized after a WOD.
4) What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Never get intimidated by the sport as its for everyone regardless of age and physical ability! Stick with it as the support and encouragement you get from fellow CrossFitters is awesome, unlike anything you would get in a regular gym.
5) What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Everything that involves heavy lifting, squats and burpees!
6) What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I love beach volleyball snowboarding and shopping! lol
7) What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
When I finally perfected my squat snatch technique and did a strict hand stand push-up.
8) Have you made any changes to your diet?
Not much except I don’t drink as much alcohol as before and feel better for it.
9) Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I have a big collection of stuffed animals! I can’t stop buying them!
10) What/who inspires you the most?
Anyone who is not scared to push through their limits! People that embrace pain, sweat and tears! The coaches of CFBC and to my ultimate badass coach KT who gave me the name Chica Loca and who constantly pushes me to better myself!