1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Crossfit was the first sport that seemed include all of the things I loved to do i.e. gymnastics, running, skipping, different cardio machines – rowing, skiErg, still not loving the Assault Bike. While it also included something I really hadn’t done before Olympic lifting.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I’m amazed at the level of fitness you can achieve while doing Crossfit. The varied workouts we do manage to hit all the important fitness goals, Cardio, strength, coordination, flexibility. I’m incredibly happy to continue to see improvements in all areas of my health.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Commit to three weeks. Plan to be sore but the pay-off will be huge not just in fitness but in the people you’ll meet and the new friendships you’ll develop.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Anything including, ring or bar muscle-ups, toes to bar.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Mountain biking at Whistler.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Winning the 2019 Crossfit Games for my age category with the help of my training partner, coach and most patient friend Kate Webster.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I definitely eat more food than ever before and probably much cleaner than ever before. Minimal to no processed foods. A massive plate of steamed broccoli always goes done well.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Some crazy switch goes off inside me when ever someone says three, two,one go!!!!!!!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I’m really inspired by people who walk into a Crossfit gym with no real experience in any of the areas that Crossfit includes. I was scared to death when I started and I did have previous experience. Hopefully we’re doing a good job of welcoming you and helping you believe you really do have what it takes to be a Crossfit athlete.