Athlete of the Month – Steven Thompson
1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was looking for something that would motivate me to get into a consistent routine and push myself harder than I would in a regular gym environment.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Physically, I have more energy and sleep much better. Mentally, I feel more productive and focused throughout the day on days that I’ve done a workout in the morning.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just get started! It can seem intimidating, but everyone has to start somewhere. You’ll be amazed by how quickly you’ll feel comfortable and see results.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Doing things outside! Skiing, running, etc.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Finally getting hand stand pushups and double unders (though both are still a work in progress)
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I try to drink 4L of water each day and avoid fast food/junk food, but not much else
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ve been doing CrossFit on and off for almost 10 years. I started doing CF to train for a variety of sports and have continued to do it on and off since. Despite trying different types of activity over that time (workout classes, open gym etc.) I’ve always come back to CrossFit!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
The people around me! It’s exciting and inspiring to see others reach their goals or mark new accomplishments. It motivates me to push myself and do the best that I can.