1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
September 2022, but I stopped for three months as I was away. So, I often say March 2023 (it was when I started to take this seriously)
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I am not an athletic person, nor loved doing exercises. I tried everything; boxing, spinning classes, you name it. But I finally found myself here, after my husband decided to join CrossFit BC and he said I should try it.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My stamina. The first time I noticed that was in one evening the fire alarm went off and after everything was cleared, my husband and I decided to go back to our floor (14th) using the stairs and we went in one go without stopping. I was sooo happy!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just do it! It is going to change your life. I miss when I don’t go, and this says a lot!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I love snatches (I know it is not everyone’s favourite), and the rower.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Explore BC with my husband and my puppy. We love to take her to lakes, beaches and overall, our lives circle around her. Haha
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Doing The 2023 CFBC Summer Challenge. I never thought I would finish any of the exercises. But I am glad Sophie convinced me to go!!!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Could be doing more. I am just taking whey after classes, and avoiding fried food. I am back ordering food from 2 Guys with Knives, so my food during the week is well balanced, but I don’t avoid anything on the weekends.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
That I have a Bachelor of Law in Brazil? Also, I started University when I was 17 years old . I changed careers here and now I am an Interior Designer (certificate at BCIT). By the way, I came to Canada with ZERO English and started BCIT only 4 MONTHS after my arrival.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My husband, Alan. He is badass and a machine. I look up to him and he makes me push myself more and more.