1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I like the idea of functional fitness. I first started doing Crossfit workouts at home to cross-train as a competitive roller derby player (#4 ranked Men’s team in the world WOOT WOOT) and found I really enjoyed the exercises themselves. It improved by skating performance and is much more fun than just going to the gym and pushing weight around. When COVID shut down roller derby, I decided to do Crossfit for real.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Increased energy all day, better cardio and muscle endurance, as well as increased strength. I’ve lost a little weight as well.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Stick with it and rely on your coaches. It may seem hard at first but literally EVERYONE at the gym wants you to SUCCEED. Your coaches will give you the information you need to make real progress.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Anything with a barbell, but Power Cleans if I had to pick only one.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
At the risk of exposing myself as a huge nerd, I do lightsaber fight coreography and duelling.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Aside form an overall feeling of improved performance, I have achieved several PRs I am quite proud of and I am figuring out kipping on the bar,
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Okay, listen…I love food okay and this has so far been my biggest challenge. I have started paying more attention to what I eat but am still quite likely to make the indulgent choices. BUT…that said, I have just signed up with 2Guys and hope to see more progress.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am a storyboard artist who has been working on big Marvel projects for ther past 4 years. Did you watch WandaVision? I storyboarded all the episodes! Don’t miss Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness coming in MAY to a theater NEAR YOU!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
It would be really easy to list off names like Vellner or Thorisdottir and yes watching them compete IS incredibly inspring, but my real inspiration comes form competition and personal growth.