1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I joined CFBC in November 2021 and I’m so glad I did! All coaches are super helpful and are always motivating me to push myself a little bit more!
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Previous to joining CrossFit I used to workout with a personal trainer, but that started to get a bit boring, I felt like I was not pushing myself as much as I could and the routines were very repetitive. So I’ve decided to try CrossFit and was so happy to find that not only were the workouts much better, but I also found an amazing community that keeps on motivating each other all the time!
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Even though I was fit before I joined CrossFit I felt like I was not progressing too much. Ever since I joined CrossFit BC, I’ve progressed so much on the weights and on the form of the exercises that I feel and look much stronger 🙂
As a consequence of the increased exercises my sleep quality is better than it ever was!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t be afraid of joining! Regardless of your fitness and skill level there is a place for you in the gym, so stop postponing coming! I guarantee that your quality of life will improve a lot, not only because you will be fitter, but also because you will meet amazing people!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Difficult question…. I love squats, but lately I’m more excited about power cleans!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Cycling! As everyone that works out with me knows, I’ll cycle to the gym even if the rain is bad 😂 but I also enjoy longer cycles around the city and its amazing parks!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My first snatch, for sure! I still struggle a lot with snatches but the first time I managed to do one I really felt like an athlete!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Yes! I got even more motivated to eat better ever since I joined CrossFit because I realized that this is the key for better performance! I’ve started to pay more attention to my macro intake and also meal prep more often!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m a huge Harry Potter geek!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Trying out new things and having a challenge are always the things that inspire me the most, training hard and being consistent is the key to achieve most things in life (and of course all the pregnant ladies that workout with me — you are amazing and motivate everyone!)