2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I chose CrossFit as a new fitness challenge after years of the same old weight room routines.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I began to see and feel physical changes almost immediately after beginning CF. A stronger posture, shoulder and hip mobility, core strength, overall energy, muscle stamina, etc – you name it! CF is a total game changer.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
My advice to anyone new to CF would be to focus on proper technique first and foremost. The weight will come, but it will come with injuries if your technique is poor – so focus!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
My favourite CF exercise is Thrusters! Actually. I know they are generally hated but I love them.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
My favourite activity outside of CF is actually more auxiliary work on CF movements. What can I say….I’m hooked!!
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
To date, my proudest accomplishment is linking T2B. But for me, the best part of CF is the constant journey to be stronger, faster and more efficient. It is great to have and achieve goals, but knowing there are countless goals to conquer always on the horizon is the greatest motivation.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
As for my diet, I find myself eating more foods which will provide the most energy, which I can then use as fuel in the gym.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Fellow CrossFit BC’ers might find it interesting to know that I have represented Canada in various global cocktail competitions…….and I’ve even won a few!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
In life, I am always inspired by my grandfather. In CF, I am constantly inspired and amazed by Veterans who despite their injuries continue to train at an unyielding level.